Contributors

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How old?

Glenn & Linda came to town last weekend, and as usual, we had a great time with them. The kids of course were SUPER excited to spend time with Granny & Grandpa. (or Papa, as Secily named him this weekend!). We have this routine that we do every time that Glenn & Linda are here, it goes like this:
Larson wakes up early (as usual), but instead of coming into our room, he goes straight to Grandpa, who is also an early riser, and the two of them hang out until the rest of the house wakes up. (It is grand and glorious for Ryan & I who get to sleep in until at least 7:30 every day that they are here...aaahhh!) We then spend a great day together doing all sorts of fun stuff, and when the kids go to bed, so does Grandpa. (Well, not exactly the same time, but close!)
So, Larson & Grandpa always get to spend some special one-on-one time together. It was during their morning time together last weekend that this conversation took place:
Larson - "I'm 3."
Grandpa - "Yes, you're 3 Larson, and how old do you think Grandpa is?"
Larson - "You are 5."
Grandpa - "No, I'm older than 5."
Larson - "You are 7?"
Grandpa - "No, I'm older than 7."
Larson - pause... "You are 7:30"
I don't have a cute picture of Larson & Grandpa to go along with this story (I'm not up that early, remember?) But, I do have one of Grandpa, Secily, & Ryan hanging out on the couch....

And one of Granny, Larson and Secily at the zoo!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

7:30...that sounds just about right. No?

Anonymous said...

Karin,

I check in every day. Keep the photos coming. Can you email me? I want to pass something along to you but I don't know your email address.

Daver
dave at campozark.com

francine said...

that's the cutest story ever :)