Contributors

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

8, actually.....100 things

My cousin-in-law Lisa recently "tagged" me with a task to post 8 things/habits about myself. My friend Courtney has a list of 100 things about her on her blog & I thought both of their lists were so interesting that I decided to combine the "tag" and the 100 things list. I hope you are not bored to death reading it........

1. I hate birds.

2. Actually, I don't like anything that flutters - moths, butterflies, bats, birds...

3. I have the best husband in the world.

4. I do the USA Today daily crossword at least 3 times a week.

5. I love it when the sky is that great color in-between being black & blue.

6. I miss Saskatchewan, especially around Christmas.

7. If I could have it my way, I would have my entire family live within 10 minutes of me.

8. That includes my in-laws.

9. I have been a bridesmaid in 9 weddings.

10. I love to sing with my brother Jeff. Once we were travelling from Arkansas to Saskatchewan which is about a 26 hour car ride, and we sang for at least 10 of those hours.

11. I am somewhat fascinated by those gross medical mystery shows on T.V. Like the one I watched a while ago with Ryan & Linda - The Man Who's Arms Exploded. It was so gross, yet, we just couldn't turn away.

12. I love having a hot drink during the day.

13. I love looking at pictures. I like all types of photos, but ones with people in them are my favorite.

14. The longer that I am married, the more sports I am beginning to like.

15. I loved my job teaching. I am so happy to be at home now, but I could not have asked for a better job while I was working. I was really nervous to teach the 6th grade. I didn't really like kids who were that age when I started, but I loved them by the end of it. And my co-workers....they were the best!

16. I always cross my legs when I sit down. It is such a habit that I don't even think about it.

17. One of my pet peeves is when I am driving, and I have the sun visor to the side to block the sun, then I turn a corner and the visor comes and hits me in the head. SO annoying.

18. The sound of Larson deep-belly laughing is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. Secily has yet to make it to the belly laughs.

19. I love summer camp. I loved it when I was a kid as a camper, and I loved it when I was older and was a counselor. I can't wait to send my kids to summer camp.

20. I love to be on the lake. It is so calming.

21. I like to cook.

22. I don't like to bake.

23. I am terrible at being confrontational.

24. My favorite pair of shoes are a pair of boots that I got while I was in college. I still wear them.

25. At the moment my favorite color is chocolate brown.

26. I like to play board games. We play a lot of them with Ryan's family & it is always a good time. On the whole, I think they are underrated.

27. I wish I was more organized.

28. I have been in these countries: Canada, USA, Mexico & Honduras

29. I LOVE monster cookies - the gooey ones with M&M's, peanut butter, and oatmeal. ymm.

30. I never buy CD's. The last CD I bought was Jack Johnson - that was about a year ago, and the one before that....I can't even remember that long ago.

31. I always wear a black shirt when I get my hair cut.

32. I wish I was more adventurous.

33. I love getting pedicures.

34. I never shop online for clothes.

35. I love sharpie markers.

35. I hate scary movies, scary TV shows, scary commercials, anything scary.

36. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

37. The movies that I can watch over and over again are: Sound of Music, You've Got Mail, While you Were Sleeping, & My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

38. I am a routine person. I like them.

39. I dyed my hair blond once - platinum blond, the summer after I graduated High School.

40. If I had a closet full of gold, I would treat myself and hire a full time masseuse.

41. My favorite clothing store is Banana Republic.

42. I buy almost all of my clothes at Old Navy, Marshalls, or TJMaxx.

43. I would rather be really cold than really hot.

44. I like black furniture.

46. I carry around and use a day timer.

47. I love Old Dutch Ketchup Flavored potato chips. They only sell them in Canada and I get some every time I go home.

48. I never remember how to spell definitely - I have to spell check it every time. I'm not sure I spelled it correctly just now.

49. I have 5 holes in my ears.

50. I only wear earrings in 2 of them.

51. I like almonds, peanuts, macadamias, and pecans....I do not like walnuts.

52. I listen to talk radio when I am in my car.

53. I had a car in high school that was named "the embarrassment". Looking back, I think it is good for a high schooler to have a car like that.

54. I once offered a friend a paper bag to wear over her head while she rode in "the embarrassment" with me.

55. My sixth grade Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Armstrong, was great. She gave the devotional at one of my wedding showers.

56. I don't have an ipod. I am so very "behind-the-times."

57. I worry too much.

58. I love the way it smells after it rains. Especially in Saskatchewan, because it always cools down with the rain, so it is a great, cool, crisp smell.

59. I like houses with a lot of windows.

60. I only know 3 of my neighbors.

61. I am not an unfriendly person.

62. I am not very good at keeping in touch with people. I don't like that about myself.

63. I stick my foot in my mouth far more often than I would like to.

64. My husband can make me laugh at all times. I love that about him.

65. I get really nervous every time I go to the dentist.

66. I like all of my fingernails to be the same length. It drives me crazy to have all but one of them long. If I break one, I cut them all.

67. I like to sing hymns.

68. I like to paint - not pictures, but rooms in my house.

69. I don't mind cleaning my house, in fact, I kind of like it. (gasp.)

70. I cannot juggle.

71. I am really proud my family.

72. My favorite month is October.

73. I don't eat fish very often. I don't know why, I like fish, I just never order, or cook it.

74. I have never been to New York.

75. I am really glad that we found out the gender of our babies before we had them. It gave me time to fall in love with the idea of them before they arrived.

76. I have three junk drawers in my kitchen. Yes, three. (I'm sure my sister-in-law Eraina is cringing at that confession)

77. I am a fast reader.

78. I like amusement park rides and roller coasters.

79. Nothing flusters me more than getting lost.

80. And then being late, because I was lost.

81. I love to swim.

82. I have never sold anything on eBay.

83. I have had these jobs: babysitting, delivering papers/fliers, teaching piano, summer camp counselling, waitressing, teaching.

84. I really like teaching Sunday School at our church.

85. I am a big time procrastinator.

86. When I was in the 3rd and 4th grade I wished that my name was Janine. Now I am happy with the name Karin.

87. I have portaged a canoe.

88. I don't think I know how to spell "portage".

89. I hate having sticky hands. That is a bit of a challenge for me with a 2 & a 1 year old.

90. I don't like houses that have ivy growing all over them. I think it's creepy.

91. I would like to know how to grow flowers.

92. I would also like to have a garden. I would grow carrots, lettuce, tomatoes and peas.

93. I would not grow beets.

94. I really like to entertain people in our home.

95. I feel guilty whenever it is a nice day and I let the kids watch TV.

96. I love getting popcorn at the movies.

97. I seem to like the kind of candy that most other people find gross. For example, I love licorice (red & black), the buttered popcorn and coffee flavored jelly-bellies, & those Halloween candies that come in the orange and black wrappers, just to name a few.

98. I don't get my hair cut very often. I usually get it cut, and then let it grow for at least 4-5 months before I go back and cut it again.

99. I like to take long walks.

100. Making this list has made me wonder about what any of my friends, or family would put on their "100 things" list. If you have time, make one and send it to me. I'm so curious.

5 comments:

Karate Mom said...

Ooo, I love this list!! And I think you're the only person I've ever met that likes the buttered popcorn jellybeans. I love them and I love going to SuperTarget and mixing buttered popcorn and the sour ones. It's a great combo!

OK, off to write my own 100 things list!

courtney said...

Great list! Learned a lot about you!

I'm with you on buying CDs--It's been many, many, many years since I bought one (except picture CDs!). And, ipods?? Have no idea how to use one.

Portage??

Karin said...

Portage...you know, when you carry a canoe over your head....the canoe is upside down & you have one of the bars across your shoulders...maybe it's a Canadian word, or French I guess. 'Portage' - rhymes with 'mirage'.

Kelly Markwart said...

Hey Karin, Great list. I sure do miss having you in Saskatchewan.

Yuriko said...

Throughout the years I have honestly read this over 15 times. I love it!