Contributors

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Camp Ozark!

So there is this place in the mountains of Arkansas called Camp Ozark. I went there, once upon a time, (1997 to be exact)



to work there, with my brothers, as a summer camp counselor.


I completely fell in love with the place.
I made the greatest friends,
did so many fun things,



hopefully was used to impact kids lives,
I even met my man there....
So, you can only imagine how excited I was that they were having a 60th Anniversary Reunion last weekend, and we got to go!! We loaded up the kids (along with the rest of the family - Mom & Dad, Jeff & Chandra, Bryan & Eraina, Preston & Katherine came too, (we really missed having Erik & Yuriko there!)), and we had the best time!
They have these very cool new bumper boats that both Larson & Secily were huge fans of


My Dad did the monster pamper pole....yes, that tiny yellow speck is him, standing on a pole 60 feet off the ground, about to jump to catch the bar.....
Larson had a private archery lesson with the one-and-only SuperDave (a highlight of Larson's weekend)


We played tribal comp...well, I didn't actually play, Ryan played tribal comp.

And, of course, what's a weekend at Camp Ozark without some time at the waterfront,



and...the blob!

I couldn't not believe it, but Preston got Larson to blob! I was so proud of him!


We had Western Night, where we did some calf roping...

pig chasing,

and dancing.

We also had Red, White and Blue Day, with a picnic, tug-of-war, egg toss, fireworks...
I wish I had taken more pictures.
It was such a fun weekend. If you ever want to send your kids to a summer camp, this is it. They will have the time of their lives, just like we did!

7 comments:

courtney said...

love it! so fun!

i especially love your 1997 'do!

Karate Mom said...

OK, the first thing is that I love the sassy short haircut.

The second thing is...is that REALLY you at the top of that skiing pyramid? You didn't use your mad photoshop skilz?
WOW! You're multitalented!

Angie said...

How much fun! I love the pic of you and Ryan. And sooo impressed with the water-ski pyramid.

Desi Zac said...

Ah, we so wished that we could have been there. Hope to see you guys soon.

Su-Ann said...

Man, sure makes me wish I went to a camp like that when I was a kid!!! Great Pics, Karin!!

Lesley said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I loved seeing the pictures and maybe see if you can sneak me in for the 75 anniversary? :)

Jinny said...

That sounds like a great weekend! :) Now we just need to have Kadesh Reunion Weekend...